Tuesday, 12 January 2016

Making the 'Paint'

With my front cover I wanted the appearance of paint coming out of her mouth.
For obvious reasons I know I could not do exactly that. However, I created edible 'paint' for her to put in her mouth during the photo-shoot.
All I used was: 

  • Icing Sugar
  • Water
  • Blue Food Colouring
I mixed these together to create a good consistency of a pastel blue colour- I made it quite thick so that when the flash goes off on the camera it wouldn't look so transparent.
We had to do quite a few takes of this in order to get a good shot but luckily I got some shots that I liked.
The colour of the paint was to go with the colour scheme of the magazine and I feel it really complements the colour of the background well.

No comments:

Post a Comment