Monday, 30 November 2015

Hot Desking

     Within our class we showed each other pieces of our own work to gain feedback and potentially some ideas I can improve my work on. I asked them four simple questions based on my work and I asked them to answer them (the different colour fonts are the different people that have answered them).


   



    1.  Is the text readable? Would you prefer another colour etc.?
I would make the text bigger but the colour is fine as it stands out against the pink background.
I would make the text bigger and also change the font of the headline but the colour is fine. You could see how white text looks but black is fine.
It is readable but rather small and 'blocky', should be separated more and possibly increased in size as it does not grab my attention as much as it could.
The text is readable. However a little too simple, I don’t know if that’s the look youre going for though. Think of how the layout of the text should be, at the moment it looks a little random, think of paragraphs, hyphenations etc.
I would keep the colour and size but reconsider the layout. Maybe introduce more pictures to break up the text.
I think that the colour is fine and it stands out well on the pink background, however the text needs to be a little bigger
The Text is too small but the colour does work

2.       Is this colour a good representation of the genre: Indie Pop?
Yes the colour is very representative of indie pop
Yes, the same as above ^^
It seems a little over the top, yet suits the overall genre.
It seems a little childish, maybe think of your audience? Maybe a deeper pink for a more professional look on the genre of pop which would be more suited to your audience.
I agree, go with a darker colour or shade is this does seem childish.
^^ I agree with above, should be darker colour.
It does seem too bight

3.    Is the positioning of the image a good place for a DPS? Is there any better positioning for it?
Yes it is as my eye is drawn to it as it is in the centre of the page.
Yes it is a good place but depending on the type of image goes there.
It is immediately noticeable yet the size of the image could be increased to make it stand out more and feel more like a conventional DPS
Yeah the positioning is good. However it’s a little small. The sizing of It makes the pages a little empty.
It is a good place, however maybe make it bigger or add more to break up the text.
The position of the image is fine however it could be made bigger just to break up the text.
The positioning is fine

4.  Is there a good amount of space for wording? Should there be more/ less/ in different places?
I would break the text up a bit as it is a bit overwhelming.
I would break up the text using pulled quotes or other, smaller images.
The text seems to be quite 'blocky' and the format is quite uninteresting making me not want to read it as much, therefore the text should be broken up a little bit. Although I do like the way it is built around the image, forcing it to be the centre of the audience’s attention.
There is far too much in one block, add some space and break it up a little.
Maybe think of your paragraphs, looks a little too much writing; is your target audience going to want to read that much? Break it up a little, add some quotes in bigger quotes to make the whole layout more interesting.
It is good enough
The test needs to be broken up a bit as at the moment it is just one big paragraph, add some drop caps to break it up. Or put a pull quote in to make it more appealing.  Or if you have any other images it would be good to add them in here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment